This music has been around for a bit now, but it has been awhile since I have listened to them. I pulled them out last week and had forgotten how much I love them! You may know them already …. but if not … enjoy! If you do … enjoy again!
The Crash Kings
I don’t have good quality pictures yet of the wedding I attended on Sunday. But I’ll leave you with a few of my phone snaps…
Starting with what I wore….another classy bathroom photo..
Big fancy place
Crazy Peacock Cake!
Nice Table setting – little box for the Candy Bar! 🙂
Yep. It’s Monday.
I was just at a wedding last night – so I guess I have loooove on the brain. (I’ll get more on that wedding later!)
So I apologize if you don’t want a love quote to start your week off – but here we are!! (I’m gonna write it anyways..!)
“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” Robert Frost
Alright Monday! Bring on the week!
If you were ever one of the lucky ones who got to text me when I owned an HTC Zero…..excuse me. I mean the HTC Hero – you can celebrate along with me that I finally got a new phone. A phone that sends me texts – doesn’t die randomly in the middle of important phone calls – and just actually plain out works. Hip Hip.
Yeah. I bought an iPhone. I know everyone and their dog has one. So to everyone of you reading this – this is not exciting – but really….to have a phone that works? Yeah it’s really exciting for me.
Please clap your hands – I have a working phone!
Excuse the bathroom photo…!
Yay! Sataahhhdaaayyy!! Do something fun. That’s an official order.
Thank you to all who have and do serve our Country.
Lest we forget.
Small things to make us happy.
It has been awhile since I have posted a Willy photo.
Appreciating life (walks) to the absolute fullest
That boy up there….? Yep. He brings happiness.
Enjoy the day!
So remember that study friend? Tara? We decided to get the heck out of Dodge (AKA..Canada) and venture 20 minutes south….to the States! We spent the day in Washington yesterday shopping… and HOLY cow! Can I just say I got a splendid deal on a dress I will wear to a wedding next weekend?! 10 bucks. Yep. 10 smackeroos. S i g h. I love deals.
I say something a lot. It goes something like this. “I’ll do that once I’m not a student…” or “I’ll buy that once I’m not a student….”
"Get out the passports!"
I tell you this because one of those things I’ll purchase is a nice camera. A smaller one that I can take with me everywhere – but one that takes some gorgeous pictures. Like yesterday? I only snapped cell phone shots at the border, then stopped because I turned off my phone for the day as I was too scared of roaming charges.
"Let's go find some DEALS!! WOOHOO!!!"
Successful FUN day yesterday! It’s always a fun day with Tara 🙂 Now back and happy on icy Canadian soil. (yeah..icy..sigh….here comes winter) and I’m gettin ready to slip and slide my way to Ethics class! yeah you know the class…that “sitting and sitting and more sitting” one.
Happy Friday!!! What are your weekend plans?? Tell me about them! I wanna know 🙂
I got this email this week and thought it would be fun to share on here.
Are there any points on here that stand out to you whether good or bad?
Are there any that you practice regularly?
Any that you wish to practice more of?
Is there any points you would add to the list?
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old. This is something we should all read
at least once a week!!!!!
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It
is the most requested column I’ve ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Change the way you
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month..
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. Release your children when they become adults, its their life now
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.
10. When it comes for chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
16. Take a deep breath It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Just because you believe you are right, doesn’t mean you are. Keep an open mind.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. Your job is to love your children, not choose who they should love.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come…
43.. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
Think about it!!! This guy is…
Hey! How are ya? How did your Tuesday go? My Wednesday is off to a great start – I slept in (never happens..seriously I have a 6:30 internal alarm clock..and this morning, the first time my eyes fluttered open was at 8:30…HOLLA!!!)
Scream Cheese Brownies
I am missing out on these fun yummies at home. I got my mumsy to check out Christina at Sweet Pea’s Kitchen for a couple parties. 1. a kids halloween/birthday bash 2. An Autumn time birthday party. And apppparrrently I missed out because both dishes tasted awesome.
I will bake again soon. Did you hear me little tiny suite of mine? I WILL bake soon..and you won’t be able to stop me :D!!!
So anyways. Enough of that. Want some music? A long/little while ago my friend Jamie gave me music from The Bird and the Bee. Needless to say. I like them.
Here are a couple of tuneskis for you to enjoy
Their cover of the 1964 hit….
and one of their own!